Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa

We topped the weekend of with one more visit with Santa...the 'Real Santa'. We waited in line excitedly for our turn. When asked what they each wanted for Christmas, Jonathan said he wanted 'a toy Christmas tree that's soft with lights all over and sings Jingle Bells', Clara asked for a CD for her radio and even Matthew babbled at Santa as if he was actually making a request. The kids sat with Santa and with the jingle of some bells, all 3 kids looked up and smiled!
While we waited for our picture to be printed the kids grew restless. Matthew was ready for lunch and for a nap. He was ready to be out of the stroller and out of that hot sweater. Then the manager informed me that he had both good and bad news for me. The good news: I was getting upgraded to the largest package (I had ordered the smallest). The bad news: they lost our picture, so we had to get a new one taken, but would not have to wait in line again. Clara had a goofy smile the 1st time, so on one hand a do-over wasn't so bad. However, Matthew was over it all and refused to smile again, even with about 10 adults (including myself) jumping around like a bunch of fools. The manager apologized profusely and issued me a full refund in addition to the largest package. I can't complain. Mistakes happen and it IS a great photo. I just wish it didn't look like Matthew was scared of Santa.

No comments: