Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Happy 4th of July!

This evening the kids and I went outside to play for a while after dinner and we got some pretty cute pics. I was trying to get their pic together since they were both dressed in festive outfits. It was difficult to get them together, but there's still alot of cute pics and even some of them both!

Clara taught Jonathan how to do sommersaults. He does them perfectly, but it's really funny to watch. Instead of being a fluid motion, he gets in this position and pauses for a while, then he just falls and his sommersault is complete. He thinks it's pretty hilarious too!



Clara laying in the grass after doing her sommersaults.



Jonathan's face is too cute in this pic



I took this pic of us and surprisingly it came out pretty good!



See, I told you I got a couple of them together!



I've got to get the pics of them hugging and kissing now, because in a few years I'm sure I'll be lucky if they'll even stand next to each other!



A neighbor offered to take a pic of all of us. Jonathan was not in the mood for pics at this point.



Clara took this picture. She was trying to get a pic of me and Clemson, but Jonathan walked in the way at the last minute and said, "Cheese!" She looked at the LCD screen at her pic and said, "Oh! That's all three of you. You guys look pretty cute together!" I guess technically we are all 3 in the pic.



Even Clemson was feeling patriotic today!



He's the best dog. I hope he really knows how much these kids love him.

We decided at the last minute to go watch the fireworks. Clara's been afraid of the loud noises in past years, but she told me she wanted to try again this year when I asked. We actually just drove to a place where everyone was parking in the distance to watch so it wasn't loud at all. Both of the kids enjoyed it. Jonathan kept reaching out his hands to catch them saying, "Lights!" I'm glad we went, even if it did mean the kids didn't get to bed until 11pm.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th. God Bless America!

2 comments:

Grandma Gina said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July. We decided on an indoor event because it was 110 degrees outside. We went to the Diamondback's game and took Gabrielle. It was her 1st baseball game. Gabrielle and I went to the 3rd level of the ball park towards the end of the game, found two good seats and after they opened the roof we watched fireworks to music in air conditioned comfort. Vic watched from the car. I thought of Chris a lot as they recognized service men. Take care.

Katy said...

i love all the patriotic outfits and pictures - so cute!