Saturday, April 12, 2008

A little perspective...

I often find myself jealous of my husband. I know that may sound a little strange to many people, but I am often envious that I am 'stuck' at home with the kids while he gets to go all over the world, see beautiful places and things, and really live his dream. (Never mind that for as long as I can remember, my dream was to be a mom and to be lucky enough to spend the early years home with my children). Well, it's days like today that really put that jealousy in perspective. It was a normal day home with the kids, nothing spectacular going on, but many firsts happened today...

Clara and I made our 1st smoothie of the season. We made many last summer. They make a perfect afternoon snack on a hot day -- they're cold and healthy. (8oz. vanilla yogurt, 2 tsp sugar and 8 strawberries - and/or other fruit +we usu. add some ice). Very Yummy, and the kids really think they're getting something special!

It was the 1st time Jonathan got his own. Last year, of course, he was too young. Check out that face, he looked like that until it was ALL gone!
Then we decided to wash Chris' car.
It was the 1st time Clara put on a bathing suit this year -- and more than that, it's her 1st 2-piece - sorry Daddy- she's growing up :)



It was the 1st time Jonathan washed a car.

He washed that rear quarter panel about 10 times.


And so after this 'mundane' day of firsts, as little as they may be, I was not envious of Chris, but rather sorry he missed it all.

We Love You and Miss You Chris!

3 comments:

Katy said...

it's all about perspective!! they look so cute with their smoothies - one of our faves too! and i love clara's hat!

Gorski Family said...

My baby Jonathan is getting so BIG! We love and miss yall!

Landon and Elizabeth said...

Will you wash my cars! They are covered in yellow stuff.