Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sleepyhead

Last Saturday I got a chance to go out with the girls! That's right, me and 3 girlfriends shopping, with no kids around. I love those little guys, but every mom needs time with the girls. Chris stayed home with the kids and got them all off to bed in the evening.
When I came home Chris mentioned that Matthew had been asleep for a little while, but was starting to make a little noise and was moving around a good bit. I peeked over at him and saw the reason why...he was not swaddled. Matthew will not sleep unless swaddled tightly, with his arms bound to his sides. As he started to get too big for a regular receiving blanket (kicking himself free in a matter of seconds) I had to invest in some of those swaddling blankets that Velcro into place. They are a lifesaver (or at least a sleep saver). Anyway, since I knew Matthew wouldn't sleep for long unswaddled, I finally had the chance to take pictures of him sleeping without the fear of waking him. Of course it didn't hurt that perhaps I had missed him just a little bit while I was out with the girls and really wanted to pick him up and snuggle him :)
So peaceful!

The flash started to wake him, so we only got a couple pics. I'll have to get one of him sometime in his swaddle blanket, it's pretty funny to see him all papoosed up!

No comments: