Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Of course spring break ended with Easter, and what is Easter without an egg hunt! We got together with our neighbors for an egg hunt on the street. The dads all hid the eggs then we set the kids loose.
The hunt started before I was ready. Chris gave the kids plastic bags for their eggs, so I ran in the house to get them their hunting baskets.


Jonathan found one


Clara is not as observant when it comes to these things, which is crazy considering how you can't get anything past that girl any other time. As I said, I was not quite ready for the hunt to begin, including the fact that I hadn't ever gotten around to fixing Clara's hair that day (never mind that this was about 3pm). Clara's hair does not stay out of her face unless it's pinned back, so every picture I got of her looks like Cousin 'It'.


With a little help, Clara started finding them too!


Wrapping up, some of the dad's had to help find some eggs so everyone would have their 12. Plus the kids knew better than to stick their hands in the gutter drains considering we live in 'black widow central'!


I told the kids they could have some candy from their eggs, then told Jonathan he had to lick the chocolate egg. I was shocked he listened.


Finally I told him he could bite it.


Mail call: The kids got cards from Grandma Yonka and Grandpa Michael.



Clara reading her cards


Matthew was hanging out with Mrs. Courtney so I could get pictures - such a 'happy scrappy'!

No comments: