Friday, April 30, 2010

Peacocks

On Friday, April 16th, we picked Clara up from school and left all 3 kids in the capable hands of Chris' mom. A little nervous to be leaving the kids for our first getaway in 6 years, but sooooo excited at the same time. The drive to Monterey was nice. We checked into our room at the Old Del Monte Hotel on base at the Navy Post Graduate School (a great room at an even greater price!) and then we laid down in the bed. We were pooped. Neither of us wanted to get up, but when I asked, "Is this really how we're going to spend our time without kids?"; we agreed we should go out and find something to do. While in the room I kept hearing a sound, like a cat crying. I asked Chris if that's what it was, he agreed that's what it sounded like. I went to the window and that's when I saw this:
a Beautiful Peacock. When we first went downstairs, he was showing his feathers in full display, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera, and he never did it again while I was watching. Still, we got some pretty amazing pictures.

Beautiful!




The peacock was not afraid of anyone. He let me harass him, taking his picture for a good 20 minutes before I gave up and let him have some peace.

No comments: