Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, but we finally got around to carving our pumpkins today. This year I let the kids help.
Digging the seeds out

Jonathan wasn't too sure about digging out the seeds

He gave up on helping after just a couple scoops, and let me do the rest

Jonathan's finished pumpkin, 'Smiley'

Still trying to get the seeds out. She tried for a while, until she saw how quickly I was able to get the seeds out of Jonathan's pumpkin. So she enlisted me to help with hers, too.

I taped the pattern to the front of the pumpkin and let her poke the holes along the lines. She did a great job. I was impressed!

Clara's finished pumpkin

My hand was cramping, so we skipped the patterns and made Matthew a good old fashioned Jack-o-lantern. The kids were impressed by my skills :)

The kids wearing their shirts

Happy Halloween!!!!!

No comments: