Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ballet

Clara started her new dance class today. This time she's going to a real dance school out in town instead of just the base community center. After just one class today, I know it's the right choice. The dance school is more structured and I think that in just today's class, she learned more ballet and tap steps than she did in the full 6 weeks this summer. She loves that they dance in front of the mirrors too -- she spent the whole time looking at herself! I only snapped one pic today, because for the class the parents sat outside the room and watched through a viewing window. It was fantastic, I could watch without either Jonathan or I being a distraction -- no more chasing after him throughout the whole class as he tries to be with his sister!!!!

Clara was adorable today! I got this pic when they let the mom's in the room at the beginning of class to run through some rules and protocol. I wish I could've gotten more pics, but there was too much glare on the window from the reflection of the outside door. I know Chris would've loved to see it all! I told Clara that he may be able to come watch one of her classes when he gets home (she takes a morning class, so he'd have to have a late flight). She got SOOOOO excited. She said, " I'll still be in that class when he comes home?" She can't wait to show him what she's doing. Clara will have just one recital this year, the first weekend of June - though I heard a nasty rumor yesterday that Chris will be back out to sea at that time :( Time will tell.

Clara has been reading her Fancy Nancy book a lot lately, and she is quite certain that ballet IS fancy. All she talked about this morning was how fancy she looked, so of course sticking her in a room where she was surrounded by mirrors was just icing on the cake!

2 comments:

Grandma Gina said...

What an adorable litle dancer you are Clara! If you have a dance class when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit maybe we could go and watch you. The first weekend in June is already on our calendar.

Katy said...

This little girl is ALL girl!!!