Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Children's Museum of Phoenix

We headed back to the Children's Museum while we were in Phoenix so that Chris could check it out and so that we could all check out some of the new exhibits they've opened since we were there this summer. We had a lot of fun!

Jonathan in the Tunnels

Clara in the Tunnels

Chris and I attempted a 'Segue' race, but I don't think we ever actually got to the racing part. As you can see it would've been unfair anyway, I had a helper!

They added this cool vacuum system, you could stick in the scarves or foam balls and watch the air push them through a maze of clear tubes and spit them out on the other end. The kids loved watching the scarves shoot out!

We did more 'shopping'.

And even had that same waitress, Clara!

The ice cream was still a favorite, only Jonathan kept licking it for real!

There's always time for art. Chris helped Clara make an 'Eye of God'


Clara's finished 'Eye of God'


Jonathan and I did the stamps

They still have that house for the kids to paint...I wonder how many coats of paint are on it by now!

Safety First!


What an awesome (and strong!) big sister!

They added a 'car wash' to the end of the bike tunnel

Jonathan was intrigued by the ribbons blowing above him in the car wash air tunnel!


Biker babe!

One of the coolest additions was the 'noodle room'. They had hundreds of noodles hanging from the ceiling for the kids to run through. The kids loved it!

Somewhere I have a cute video of Jonathan running through the noodles. I'll try looking for it when I'm feeling a little better to post it.

1 comment:

Grandma Yonka said...

I always think CHildren's Museums were fun. The first one I remember going to was the one in Philadelphia Bob & Gay took us to. I still have the pictures of you guys going throught the heart. They seem to alwys be so much fun and interesting. By the way, there were several videos that played on my laptop when I looked at the CDs, and I thought they were cool.