Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Date Nights

Chris and I were actually able to steal away a couple nights and even days/afternoons without the kids (Thank you, Momok and Popok!) More than just getting a break from the kids, we were able to reconnect which was definitely needed, esp after Chris' recent 6 month deployment! One night we met up with an old high school friend of Chris' and headed to a sports bar for karaoke. The karaoke was run by these guys from a Santana cover band http://kokomaniacs.com/index2.html They were terrific and the karaoke was really good as well.




The guy doesn't just look like Carlos Santana, he played the guitar like him too!


Yep, Chris karaoked...no, I did not!


Chris' high school friend, David Elias


We went out to dinner one other night. This night I was feeling the morning sickness so I wasn't a bunch of fun. We had dinner at a restaurant/sports' bar near the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium. Dinner was good, though we had a long wait since there was a hockey game that night. Chris wanted to try and get some last minute tickets after dinner. I would've been game had I not felt like crap, so we found a bar across the street with Dueling pianos. That was a new experience for me too It would've been more fun had I been more in a party mood!


Chris practicing his form!

1 comment:

Grandma Yonka said...

Wellllll, maybe the audience was lucky that Chris kareoked rather than Victoria. I'm glad oyu guys gout out, but it appears to me you had already connected. . .