Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Phoenix Zoo

We took the kids to the Phoenix Zoo while we were in Phoenix as well. We went last year to see the 'Zoo Lights' (the Christmas decorations they set up all over the zoo). This year we figured we'd go during the day to get a better view of all the animals. It was COLD that day and once again I was feeling a little nauseous, so we didn't make it through the whole zoo. Clara said she was ready to go about half way through and we all concurred! We figure, now we have a reason to go back - to see the other animals!

I tried to snap a quick pic on the way in to the zoo --Jonathan didn't think it was such a great idea and only posed for this one after insisting everyone put their hat on -- Don't ask me!

Clara Kangaroo

Clara with the elephants

Clara and the cactus slide

Jonathan and the cactus slide

It's always fun at the petting zoo.

Such an animal lover!


Yep, she even rode a camel!

Such a brave little girl!

We even got to pet the stingrays! Like Grandma Yonka, Grandma Ginia was a little apprehensive at first...she had never pet a stingray before.

Clara showed her how to be brave though, and has also offered to help Grandma Yonka get past her fears and pet a stingray, when she comes to see us this summer!

The zoo's photographers, had better luck getting a picture of us, and this time I got to be in it!

1 comment:

Grandma Yonka said...

The Phoenix Zoo looks so fun, I love all the "extra" stuff, and thought the picture of Clara witht he Elephants was great. I think she should make a larger picture of it and hang it in her room with her other elephants. I can't wait to have her help me pet the stingrays. I'm really looking forward to it.