Saturday, December 19, 2009

It Worked!

Monday morning I awoke to hear Clara's excited voice, "It worked! Look, the tooth fairy left me stuff!" The tooth fairy had indeed come, and left this certificate signed by 'Toothie' herself, under Clara's pillow...
Along with $5...when did the tooth fairy get rich? You'll have to ask Chris that one. I tried reasoning with Chris..."You know she has 20 teeth to lose, right? That means $100...and she's gonna need braces, so that's just the start!" But apparently there's no reasoning with the tooth fairy!
Tuesday morning Clara woke up upset. "The tooth fairy didn't take my note this time."
Ummm, What?!
Clara had written the tooth fairy another note. (This time she didn't have my template to go by so it's a little harder to read).
It says, "Dear Toothie, the tooth fairy, What do you do with the teeth you get?"

Thankfully, Monday afternoon I had been sharing in the excitement of the Tooth Fairy, asking Clara if she saw her and when she answered she hadn't I suggested we set a trap so we could catch her next time. Clara told me that wouldn't be nice. I had insisted it was OK, because I'd never met the Tooth Fairy before, but I really wanted to...we could let her go after we met her. Well, that conversation came in handy in explaining to Clara that the Tooth Fairy only comes when you put a tooth under your pillow, otherwise I could catch her myself, without Clara's help!

So Clara has decided she can wait for an answer until she loses her next tooth...I hope the Tooth Fairy has a good one!

No comments: