Friday, December 11, 2009

Santa Pic

It was cold and rainy Monday, so I figured it was a great day to go see Santa after we picked Clara up from school. The kids were so excited...yep, even Jonathan! I'm sure next year I'll be trying to convince Matthew Santa's not so scary, which only makes it so much more awesome that we got a GREAT picture this year!
Last year I feared that Clara wouldn't believe in Santa much longer, but thanks to a couple teleconferences with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Clara's school this year, she fully believes in Santa and his reindeer...after all, "Mrs. Claus said they were all real!" As we drove to the mall, Clara informed me that the reindeer must be at the mall if Santa was there, because how else would he get there. She was determined to ask Santa where they were, so she could pet them, but with all the excitement of seeing Santa, she forgot to ask. I had to pull her back from running back to him when she realized just as we left Santa's area, explaining to her that Santa was already speaking with other kids and that the reindeer were probably just resting out back.
Clara asked Santa for a Wii. Jonathan asked Santa for Hungry, Hungry Hippos (at which point I had to stop Clara from spilling the beans that she has gotten him that game for Christmas...she didn't want him to waste his wish. Now she's hopeful that we'll end up with 2 Hippo games, the one from her, and one from Santa!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lynn said...

I used to loved that game...an oldie but goodie!!