Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jonathan's 1st Day of School

Don't look now - he's growing up. I keep asking when did all this happen - who gave my kids permission to grow up? Clara constantly reassures me that's what they're supposed to be doing. I still have my doubts, but thankfully they still willingly take me along for the ride. Today that ride dropped Jonathan off at preschool.
He was ecstatic about going to school just like Clara does.
Waiting for the door to open

By the calendar

Finding his name tag

He really looks like he trusts her not to poke him, doesn't he? That's one of his teachers, Mrs. Lori.

He went straight to the books

Posing with my baby!

Here he is being dismissed from circle when we went back to pick him up. As each child is signed out, they dismiss them from the circle by singing, "Jonathan's going home, Jonathan's going home, God Bless him, We love him, Jonathan's going home" - to the tune of 'The Farmer in the Dell'. (His preschool is affiliated with a Presbyterian Church).

One last picture by the door.
Jonathan was so excited to go to school and to tell me about his day. From the time he walked through the door, he was like, "Mommy who?" His teacher commented when we went back to pick him up that he is so kind and considerate of his friends, very caring, and so happy. I guess he's ready!

No comments: