Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Sunday we headed to the Pumpkin Patch. This year we visited a new pumpkin patch because it was closer to home, though I think next year we'll head back out to the one we visited last year. Still, we had a good time picking out the perfect pumpkins.

They had wagons at the pumpkin patch that were the perfect size for the kids to pull, and the kids did a great job sharing that responsibility!


Here we are ready to go in search of the perfect pumpkin!


We picked a big pumpkin to carve and a little one for Clara to take in to preschool for their Halloween party.

Stopping for a picture with Momok.

Sometimes when I'm trying to get both kids to look at me for a picture, I'll ask them where my nose is, then snap the pic as they look in my direction...this time they showed me where their noses were instead!


Picking the perfect pumpkin is hard work for a little guy!


The kids and I did the hay bale maze, though we skipped the HUGE corn maze.

There was a tractor pulled hayride too.


Clara's a turkey!

Gobble, Gobble!

Don't we make a cute 2 headed turkey?



That pumpkin has a motion sensor that makes it laugh and jiggle when set off. I showed the kids one night how to 'scare' the pumpkin by jumping in front of it and wiggling around. Clara took it a step further and will scare it by wiggling her bottom at it...and she just HAD to show Grandma! I don't know about that girl sometimes.


Even Clemson is in the Halloween spirit with his bandanna!

We haven't gotten around to carving our pumpkin yet, but I'll be sure to take pics when we do!

1 comment:

Katy said...

we're hoping to get our pumpkins today - we're late this year! What a great place to have wagons ready for the kids! Very smart!