Monday, October 6, 2008

The Weekend in Pictures

Clara's been getting to that point again lately where I can tell she's in need of some one-on-one attention, so I suggested a slumber party Saturday night...except, then she wanted Jonathan to join us. I tried to convince her it would be a great time for just us girls, but she told me, "Jonathan likes slumber parties, too." How could I argue with that. The only problem, Clara's still in need of a little extra attention. The slumber party, while a special time for us all, did nothing to help with the behavior that comes from a child in need of a little extra attention. Hopefully, Momok and Popok can help out with that next week when they get here.

The kids got set up with the blankets, pillows and popcorn...ready to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks!


Well, maybe not quite ready to watch...

Sunday morning, Batman made an appearance at the breakfast table. (Notice the blue headband he wore). Who knew Batman liked yogurt?!

Ahhh!!!!....It's Batman!

Sunday afternoon, I made it into Jonathan's room before he woke up from his nap (he's usually awake and waiting on me). Sunday he was sleeping sideways in his crib...it's moments like this that melt my heart. Look how peaceful and comfortable he is!

Not too much going on around here lately. Just 7 more weeks until Chris comes home, though I think this deployment is finally taking a toll on all of us. Chris says he's ready to be home and we are all certainly ready to have him here with us. Tomorrow is Clara's first dental appointment ever (I know, as a hygienist I should know better than to wait so long). She's excited and hopefully does well, as Jonathan will be along to watch as an introduction. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Jennifer Lynn said...

I am hoping for his safe return home!!

Ahhhh....to be that young again:)

Grandma Gina said...

Clara and Jonathan both will have some special attention next week. In fact, Grandpa Vic made the statement last week that the girls can take off any time to do lunch, shopping, etc. He is prepared to have special quality time with Jonathan. I had planned a special day with Clara. We do have a birthday party to coordinate and I certainly need her help. See you soon!!

Katy said...

jonathan looks so cute all sprawled out! 7 weeks - you're going to make it!!! it's ALMOST here!!!