Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chris' Post

I guess Chris is feeling a little left out of the whole blogging thing because he sent me some pics today from the boat :) Actually he's been promising to send some pics to Clara to help her understand what he does and where he goes when he's gone. There are many specifics about his job that I'm sure my husband and the Navy wouldn't appreciate me posting online for all the world to see, as far as where they go and when, but these pics are pretty cool and I thought I'd share. For those who don't know, Chris flies in the F-18 Super Hornets stationed here in Lemoore, CA. He really loves what he does. Here are a couple of the pics he sent:



This is Chris in his plane, in the air. Don't worry, he's a back seat guy, taking this pic was perfectly safe!



Picture of another plane in air with them.



Picture of the boat they are out to sea on from the airplane.

These pics are the reason you won't see a lot of pics of my husband on this blog. He has to go away often and we certainly miss him when he's gone, but this blog has turned out to be an awesome way for him to feel like he's not missing out on too much back here at home. Not to mention giving me something to do in the evening when the kids have gone off to bed :)

2 comments:

Grandma Yonka said...

Your father says Chris is on a ship, not a boat when I said "Here's Chris' boat." I then proceedded to show him you had also used boat. He said a boat is a submarine or other small vessell, but an aircraft carrier would definetly qualify as a ship. Take it up with him the next time you talk to him

Katy said...

Chris is going to LOVE being able to see you and the kids on the blog while he's gone. it will be a great way to keep him connected to the daily stuff that happens.