Sunday, March 30, 2008

Healthy Eating

Every time Chris goes out of town I have big plans to keep the kids and I eating healthy while he's gone. Some time in the first couple weeks, however, I become disenchanted as I sit one more home cooked meal on the table only to have them turn their noses up at it (or in Jonathan's case, spit it out!) -- and in the end, they eat yet another PB&J sandwich.

Well, tonight healthy eating wasn't even on the menu (Sorry Chris) -- I got off the phone and realized it was 7:30pm and I had no plans for dinner, so McDonald's sounded great right about then. I never thought I'd be bragging about giving the kids McD's for dinner, but tonight's dinner brought about a new milestone for Jonathan -- his 1st Quarter Pounder.

No, I didn't buy him one of his own, but as I got about halfway through mine, he put down his mcnugget, held his hand out towards me and said "ba?" (bite). I gave him a bite and when he finished that one he extended his hand once more "ba!", so I handed him the last half of my quarter pounder.


And then watched as he finished off my burger , looking at me between bites and saying, "Mmm, Mmm, Mmm." (His Aunt Sandi taught him that!)


As you can see, he really enjoyed it.

Clemson, on the other hand was a little upset that he didn't get any...


though he laid vigilantly at Jonathan's feet -- just in case a crumb should fall.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That's hilarious! Josiah was 3 before he would touch a cheeseburger, but now he sure does love them!!!! You go Jonathan!!!