Monday, March 24, 2008

Mr. Fish





Clara woke me up excited that this was the day that we got to take her birthday money from her Grandma Yonka and Grandpa Michael to the petstore and pick out a fish. We got ready to go and then I had to stall, knowing that Chris had sent Clara flowers. I couldn't explain why we weren't heading to the petstore even though we were ready without ruining Clara's surprise flowers, so the morning was kinda rough, but eventually we headed out and Clara picked out a blue betta fish and blue gravel rocks to match. She looked carefully in each tank for the fish that would look back at her through the glass (signaling that it wanted to come home and live with her), but then decided on the betta because it was pretty. We brought it home and set up the new tank on the kitchen counter. Clara fed the fish after her nap. She's so excited to have this new responsibility, though I had to explain that fish don't like to be petted. She seemed pretty bummed about that part (I see a hamster in our future). I kept finding her throughout the day, just standing next to the tank peering in at the fish (she gets that from her Daddy). I asked Clara all day what she planned to name her fish. She said that 'we should go back to the store and ask the paylady what's a good name for her fish'. I finally convinced her that it was her job to name him, and so, just before dinner tonight she decided his name was to be Mr. Fish. I told her that Daddy was better at making the fish tank pretty. She said she'd ask him to when he gets home. Mr. Fish doesn't seem to mind his current living arrangements though :)

No comments: