Monday, March 24, 2008

New Bike






Clara got a new bike for her birthday today. I couldn't figure out how to give it to her since we weren't really having a party today. I tied her balloons to the handlebars during her nap and left it by the front door. When I woke her up from her nap I told her I needed help bringing her balloons in and then ran outside so I could get a picture of her when she saw it. The look on her face was not at all what I expected, she wanted to know who's bike it was and why were her balloons tied to it. After some explanation, she asked where her 'helmick' was. I explained once again that she would have to pick out her own helmet so we could be sure it would fit. I finally got her on the bike and then it didn't take long for her to discover that there was a water bottle that came with it, which we needed to fill immediately. After a brief snack break for her and her new fish, we went back outside with Jonathan to ride bikes. She took joy in explaining to Jonathan that he could have her old trike and then timidly hopped on hers. She's still learning how to pedal on this bike. The whole deal with the brakes when you pedal backwards is a bit confusing to her and she can't always keep it going forward, but she plans on working on it so she can ride bikes with Daddy when he comes home. As we practiced, she got to the middle of the street and then decided she was thirsty. I explained that the middle of the street was not the proper place to take a drink break. She told me if a car came she could just say,"Could you please go around? I'm just getting a drink here a second." ...Maybe I should've gotten that helmick!

1 comment:

Katy said...

such cute pictures capturing the moment...so funny about the water bottle too! What in the world!